Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 30th, 2012

Blake is still holding strong! He was extubated (taken off the ventilator) on Friday and has been doing pretty well in the vaportherm. I was able to hold him yesterday and again this morning. There is no better feeling than being able to hold your newborn after watching him from the other side of a plastic box for 6 weeks. It is absolutely amazing to be able to snuggle him against my chest while he sleeps peacefully. I love every moment of it! It's definitely therapeutic for me. I leave feeling so much more relaxed, happy and a little more at ease with our situation. And as long as he continues to keep progressing like he has, then I should be able to hold him once every day!

 I have people come up and tell me all the time that they follow Blake's progress on this blog. And to be honest, it makes me a little shy and nervous! I've never really shared my thoughts with people. But it overall makes me feel grateful. Grateful that so many people care and love Blake and our family. We have such an amazing support system. We are truly lucky. Blake is one remarkable little man and I know that we have all your prayers and kind hearts to thank. I've said this a few times before, but I truly think God hears all your prayers and is answering them. Blake went from having 50% chance at even surviving outside the womb, fighting through a potentially deadly perforation in his bowel, having a drain inserted into his belly and being put under to endure a surgery on his intestines, and fighting off pneumonia to finally being stable and healthy for the most part. He's active and lively. He is breathing on his own and isn't connected to a single IV. After all those obstacles he's still staying strong. I'm able to hold him and we are finally able to take a breath and enjoy his progress and development.

 I wouldn't doubt if we hit a few more speed bumps before this hospital journey is over but I am so thankful for all the good moments like these. My shoulders feel a little lighter when we have good news and I don't feel like I'm too overwhelmed. Blake is such an amazing little boy and I can't wait to finally be able to bring him home. Thank you again for keeping him in mind.

                                                                Kangaroo care 9/30
 

Snuggling with mama

Love moments like this


No comments:

Post a Comment